Sunday, March 21, 2010

World Down Syndrome Day........

Down Syndrome International (DSI) has officially earmarked March 21 as World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD). The date was chosen to signify the uniqueness of Down syndrome in the triplication (trisomy) of the 21st chromosome and is used synonymously with Down syndrome.

2 years ago, I posted this blog entry about what this day means to me:
http://nowimamom.blogspot.com/2008/03/happy-world-down-syndrome-day.html

If I were to write today what this day means, it would be the same exact post! So instead, I'm just going to post pictures of what we've been doing this past month since my last blog entry.

We've been dealing with ALOT more of this ~




We went to a Family Bowling Day and had a great time!




Get a load of these scores!


We went to a New York Islanders hockey game (during a monsoon!) where Ryan sang "God Bless America" with the chorus -(more on that later)


We celebrated Duffy's first birthday with a corned beef and cabbage dinner since he was born on St. Patricks Day!


The kids got to have a sleep over at Grammys house while Mark and I attended another AMAZING TRAIN concert with friends! (Thanks Grammy)



(Seriously, if you don't already own their latest album "SAVE ME, SAN FRANCISCO", you MUST go out and buy it today! You will not regret it! Also be sure to check out Butch Walker, he opened for them and was fabulous!:)
Videos from the show can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/LSDQ

And finally, after such a harsh weather winter, what better way to welcome Spring than to have a 71 degree temperature day? We decided to take a drive to the beach where we dipped our tootsies into what had to be the coldest water I've ever felt at the beach! Oh what a glorious day it was!









I'm so thankful to have Ryan in my life, as he's brought us so many wonderful friends we never would have known had it not been for his extra chromosome! And I'm thankful for TRAIN, whose awesome music has also brought many wonderful friends into my life! Happy World Down Syndrome Day everyone! :)

1 comments:

Linda said...

That concert was a blast! Seeing the kids on the beach makes me long for summer...but I hear it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow...in APRIL!! LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails