Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fabulous Fall Thus Far.............

So, after our lovely jaunt to the beach, (see last post!) we only had one weekend left before school started. We decided to make the most of it.

All summer long, the kids have been asking if we could build a tent. We kept telling them, "sure, before summer is over, we will!" Well, they quickly reminded us that summer was indeed about to end, so tent building it was.

Mackenzie found a kiddie textbook that described in detail how to erect the perfect tent! She made sure she sat us down to review it. LOL But Mark knew if we were going to do it, we weren't following any instructions, we were going to do it his way - BIG!

So, he went out to the shed to find heavy duty rope and instructed me to find as many sheets and blankets as I could. What we ended up with was THIS!

This sucker took up half my living room! At least he left an opening at the couch, so I didn't have to crawl all the way into it to enjoy it! LOL


The kids, well, they LOVED it! I think because the TV was at the other end of it! :)


Then it was back to school! Everyone was so excited to see their friends again!


The next weekend, I received a call from a local radio station that I had won a family pack to go see Sesame Street Live! Imagine our surprise when we arrived at the venue to find that our seats were fourth row on the floor! Reminder - always enter online radio contests!

The show was alot of fun and everyone had a great time!



We especially liked being so close when the characters came down on the floor during the show! Well, hello there, Zoe, Count, Ernie and Cookie! ;)


Next up was a street fair for the town I grew up in. It was always fun to go to when I was little, so we decided to take our "littles". Besides, our friends band was playing at the fair so we thought the kids would enjoy seeing their "Uncle Billy" in his rockstar role! Of course though, there were rides, so we had to go on those first. The kiddos enjoyed a teacup ride -


then decided to invite Mommy on the next ride with them! "Sure", I thought, "this will be fun!"

After the first few trillion spins in that strawberry, I started to remember why I DON'T like twirly rides - Poor Kelsey, she looked like she was done too! LOL

We decided we needed a break from the rides so we went to watch the band play. Mark and I have been friends with most of the guys in this band since elementary school - How cool is that?!

The band sounded incredible as usual and had many people dancing in the street! While the kids initially started out dancing close to Mommy,

Ryan then decided to go all out in the middle of the crowd by himself! He was surely "gettin' down with his bad self!" LOL

This kid sure knows how to party! ;)

So, for those just joining us, YES, my son has Down Syndrome, but NO, that has never deterred us from enjoying life and having fun. As a matter of fact, I think his presence in our lives has enhanced us! :)

To be continued...........

1 comments:

Linda said...

You guys sure know how to have fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails