We returned home a few days ago from our annual pilgrimage to our favorite place in the world. I've spent alot of time uploading all of our photos to share here. While viewing them (all 426!) the word BLISS kept popping into my head, because that's exactly the feeling I had during the entire time we were away. No stresses from work, no worries about school, just spending quality time together = Pure BLISS!
Here we are just heading out as our adventure begins! Yee Haw, lets get this party started! ;)
We were so happy when we finally saw this sign ~
and so grateful when we arrived at our destination!
It always works out that we are down there on my birthday so we went to our favorite restaurant to celebrate (which was the ONLY time I left the resort!)
It was the best dinner I've ever had, so much so that I had to take a picture of it! YUM!
At one point during this fabulous meal, Ryan leaned over and handed me the Magna Doodle that he had been scribbling on ~ here was his birthday message to me! WOW!
The whole time we were away, we just basically went with the flow.....we had no real plans, just trying to decide if we should spend the day at the pool, or the beach? Of course before heading out each morning, the kids did some homework.
While we were away, one afternoon a storm rolled in, and while it looked quite scary, it was actually very beautiful, especially knowing that we were safe indoors and that it would pass quickly and we would soon be able to enjoy the sunshine again.
And now, a quick glimpse at our week - with my own personal definitions of Pure Bliss!
Bliss is - watching those you love having the best time together~
Bliss is - reconnecting with the ones who mean the most to you~
Bliss is - feeling American Pride while playing the all American game at your favorite place in the world ~
Bliss is - watching your "differently abled" son playing football in the pool with all "typical" kids and not seeing any real differences at all! I don't know who was having more fun, Ryan, his new friends, or his sisters who were enjoying ice cream poolside while proudly watching their big brother play just like one of the boys!
Bliss is - spending endless moments on the beach, just having fun and relaxing with loved ones :)
Bliss is - eating lunch most afternoons at the tiki bar while enjoying the fabulous view ~
Bliss was NOT finishing lunch and finding this dude scouting out the hot tub! YUCK! But at least he was a nice dragon! ;)
Bliss is - trying to pose for the perfect "noodle" shot and then having the whole thing fall apart! We just couldn't keep our damn noodles together, even though we tried our hardest and then we all ended up laughing until it hurt!
Bliss is - enjoying one last night swim session with your kids before our trip came to an end ~
Bliss is - realizing that time is fleeting and spending time with those you love the most takes precedence over everything else in this life. There is nothing more important than that. How lucky I am to call these people my family! We had an amazing time and I love them with all my heart! I'm already counting the days til we go back next year!
I went back and forth as to what I should title this post, as I couldn't decide between "Bliss" or "Heaven on Earth" because thats the way it felt for me to be there. I decided to finally look up the word to see what the actual meaning was and will you just lookie here?! ~ it actually means that exact thing! ~
bliss 1. supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment 2. Theology . the joy of heaven. 3. heaven; paradise: 4. Archaic . a cause of great joy or happiness
Well, I guess that just about sums it up!I hope everyone else is enjoying pure bliss too! :)
4 comments:
Beautiful pictures, beautiful family! Brought a few tears to my eyes! Love you all! Nadine
I always love to read all about your Florida trip every year. :)
Beautiful "Bliss", Laura, you have a way with words and your family is just the image of Love...
We enjoyed the week too, no alarm clocks, schedules, cold, just beach, pool, and time together...'Twas pure Bliss!!
Love you, Christine
PS, that one pic of you with the kids in the pool on the last night has your Dad written all over it - I never saw his resemblance so strong in a photo of you - that happy smile <3 !
Hi guys,
Great vacation shots and awesome blog about it! My personal favorite is allllll the noodle shots to show the funny attempt. Love them! You guys look great and like you had a blast. Miss ya!!
Hope to see ya soon, Christine
Post a Comment