We've had another incredibly busy month. I can't believe June is already over!
We enjoyed a Family Fun day at the aquarium, attending a wonderful annual charity event to help benefit Ryan's old school ACDS. http://www.acds.org./index.htm
Our first stop is always at the Penguin Bubble!


Then it was time to try out a ride - Kelsey and Daddy decided to brave the heights! My May bookends and I decided we were just fine down on the ground, thankyouverymuch! In the 4th picture below, that's Ryan, Mackie and I in the top left hand corner. That ride went really HIGH!



Then it was onto the Sea Lion show which is always cute.


We like to go visit the Sea Lions after the show - I love this viewing window.
Here's a blurry family shot in front of my favorite tank in the aquarium ~ I love all the vibrant colors. (And in case you are wondering why Mark is holding board games, we were lucky enough to win a raffle bag that was filled with family games! :)

The following weekend we headed into New York City to meet up with some of our friends. I have known Tara http://emmasage.blogspot.com/, Stephanie and Beth http://grace-in-the-ordinary.blogspot.com/, for many years (we met on an online DS message board about 10 years ago!) but I have never "met" Beth in real life because she lives in California.
As always, meeting up with "Soul Sisters" is like being with family. We are so thankful to our kiddos for bringing us all together!
We had such an amazing lunch and then were happily surprised when we found this giant stoop next door to the restaurant that would fit all our kids!
Then a milestone occured during the week ~ Mackenzie participated in her "Kindergarten Celebration!" (It's not called a graduation since she will still be in the same school next year!) It was also Grammy's first outing since getting out of the hospital!

Next up was Father's Day weekend and we had big plans! We had tickets to a Long Island Ducks baseball game, and attended with many players from Ryan's baseball team. Who knew we would have such great seats?!



The kids even got to meet up with QuackerJack!

When the game ended, we were in store for another treat. It was "GRUCCI FIREWORK" night! We had front row seats for world class fireworks and boy, were they pretty!



What a blast, although I think my favorite part of the day had to be when Daddy bought us our "quackers" (when you blow into them, they make duck noises! :) I'm sure the people around us didn't appreciate it as much as I did! ;)


The next day was Father's Day. We all attended Ryan's last baseball game of the year, which was also Trophy day. Here's our guy receiving his medal for a great season!

We then headed home for Daddy to open up his gifts!



What better way to end the perfect day then with a visit from the Ice Cream Man?!

Of course, in between all of these fabulous weekend activities, we also attended School Field Days, and Soccer Pool parties, and Girl Scout ceremonies, and graduation parties, etc, but sadly I don't think I could do a blog post containing the 600+ pictures I took this month! ;)
And finally, this past Friday was the last day of school. Man, did that go by fast!
I met their buses at the corner one last time ~


and then watched as they ran home as fast as they could, leaving me far behind!

Let the "official" summer begin! Hoping everyone has a great one!
1 comments:
I happened upon your blog from another. I just wanted to let you know that I'm smiling as I read about your family's adventures. I have a lot to look forward too!
Post a Comment