Sunday, June 10, 2007

Girls Day Out........

What a wonderful day we had today! Awhile back, my mom suggested that we have a "girls day out", so she ordered tickets for us to go see "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" on Broadway. We both agreed that Miss Mackenzie, being only 2, would probably have to sit this one out! So Grammy (my mom), Aunt Linda (my sister) Kelsey (my daughter), Kimmy (my niece) and I all hopped on a train to NYC. There, we met up with Aunt Tina (my other sister) and Abby (her daughter - aka Kelsey's BFF) and had an awesome lunch before the show.

While in the restaurant, I noticed that the TOYS R US Times Square store was across the street, so after lunch we went and spent some time there since we still had plenty of time to kill before our matinee began. After riding the Ferris wheel IN the store, and walking thru a life size Barbie dream house, we made our way to the theater. Oh, and on the way there, we encountered the infamous Naked Cowboy. Kim was brave enough to pose with him, and has since developed a pimple. We are all convinced that the 2 incidents are related! :) (He was pretty gross!)

Here are some highlights of our day.........













The show was spectacular! We all loved it and are glad that Kelsey and Abby got to see this production before it closes. (The Little Mermaid is taking over the theater) These exceptional females that I spent the day with mean the world to me, and I am so lucky and grateful that they are all a part of my family. I love them with all my heart and look forward to spending many more of these kind of days together.


PS - Mark had a great day with Ryan and Mackenzie. Spent the morning at Ryan's Little League game,(had a hard time keeping Mackie off the field!) then brought them both food shopping! He is a brave and wonderful man that hubby of mine!


3 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Girls days out are so much fun aren't they?

Michelle said...

Hi Laura! I didn't realize you had a blog! Thanks for comment a couple weeks ago (I'm still catching up since we've been on vacation!) Looks like a fun "girls day out" to me!

Michelle said...

Oh, DO TAKE ME next time! How fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails