Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just another typical Saturday night at our house.........

or otherwise known as - The inmates have taken over the asylum! Serenity NOW! LOL

Thanks Chris for the diversion, I'll get to your answers in a minute. But first, I wanted to address this -

It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been dealing with such a range of emotions lately that I didn't really know what I would say here on my blog. I'm still reeling from the reality that my dad is gone. We all miss him so much.

Yesterday, my new friend Chris's son John http://momseatofpants.blogspot.com/ tagged Ryan for an "I love, I dislike" meme. Instead of making the written list, I decided to ask "the man" himself. As you will soon see, all hell was about to break loose! Thanks Chris, we needed these laughs~






In this last video, when you hear my Jeopardy theme song abruptly stop, it's because Ryan covered my mouth with his hand! Little wiseguy!
Kelsey (she's our translator) figured out that Mackie was saying "not staying home" when we asked her things she didn't like. Both Ryan and Kelsey were out yesterday afternoon with their friends, so she was home alone with us, and was missing her big brother and big sister. How sweet is that?!


I also have a couple of pictures to share, from our last few weeks..........

We are trying to let Ryan's hair grow, but he always has these crazy cowlicks going on ~ Any suggestions how to tame that wacky hair?!





Then there's Miss Kelsey, who after taking off her coat, and I guess standing too close to some appliance, had THIS hair to show off:
Which brings us to Miss Mackenzie. Here she is in all her cuteness.
Lastly, I need to know if I am the only one frightened by this image? We got home one day last week from all of us being out for the day. I walked into the den to find THIS:

(Cue Twilight Zone music here! - the children have assured me that THEY set this up before we left for the day.......Me, I'm not so sure! What....were they all watching High School Musical while we were out?! YIKES!!!!!!! lol)

4 comments:

The Mom said...

hee hee - Ryan cracks me up!!! No help with the cowlicks, we have plenty at our house and just keep hair really short or really long (which is ughhh with straight teenage boy hair :( Curls are much better - but we didn't get any of that :)

Thanks for the chuckles :) Hannah Montana indeed!!!

Betsy said...

"but...but...I'm not done!" Too cute!

I was waiting through all the videos for YOUR turn at what you like and what you don't - I just *knew* you would fit it in somewhere :):)

lol@ the dolls on the couch - once I found an entire box of animal crackers with the heads bitten off. Dakotah told me she was "saving the bodies for the next day"

Thanks for the laughs :)

Betsy

All 4 My Gals said...

Too daggone cute! I feel like I just had a good visit with you guys!

I have got to start my blog visiting again because I miss out on way too much!

I adore your kids, they are PRECIOUS! And tell Ry that T likes Zack and Cody too. They were meant for each other!

Chris said...

I'm with Ryan---go Yankees! What about football? You guys Jets or Giants fans?

Laura, thank your for posting those videos. All of your kids are so funny. So sweet that Ryan said he loves his sisters--did you prompt him on that one ;)!

We need to get our kids together. Your Kelsey and my Julia would hit it off great! Of course, it sounds like all of them might be happy to just hang out and watch the Disney channel. Hannah Montana and Zack and Cody are quite popular in our house too.

Wish I could say/do something to make the loss of your dad less painful, but unfortunately, I think it is one of those things that only time will help. As you are doing, take comfort in the love and laughter of your family. I know it can't be easy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails