Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day.....................

My mom gave me a wonderful gift for Father's Day:


She had copies made for each of us, and I absolutely love it! These are pictures of my dad, when he was little, and when he was in the Navy! Thanks Mom, I'll treasure these forever!!!!

We are all still missing my dad like crazy. He really was such a great man and wonderful friend to all of us. Not a day goes by without us thinking about him.


Here's a few more pictures of him with me, and my family................







and just because this one was so typical, I had to post it. This was taken during our last vacation together in October, right before his health really began to rapidly decline. This was poolside, and as was often the case, both Mackie and Papa were taking a nap at the same time! (also Ryan and Mark were snoozing too in the background) We all love you and miss you so.

And last but certainly not least, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my wonderful, amazing, terrific husband. Thank you honey for being the best father in the whole world, our children and I, all cherish you! You Rock our worlds and we love you with all our hearts! nowetmm :)

3 comments:

Kei said...

Those are such precious pictures. Thanks for posting them.

~HUGS~

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures.....and hugs to you Laura...I know how much you miss your Dad. It is such a difficult thing loosing a parent.

I love you dearly, and Happy Belated Father's day Mark.

Chris said...

Those old photos of your dad are great! What a full life he had. I know how much you miss him, but I also know that he is with you always. That type of love never leaves you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails