So, we had a wonderful, low key Thanksgiving with just Grammy, Duffy and us! My siblings were all busy with their in-laws so it was just the 7 of us! We had a lovely day! We even attempted to get our Christmas card "shot", but don't think we were successful just yet!
Then on Friday morning, we decided to surprise the kids and head on up to the North Pole (with friends who had this planned for months - us, we are more a spur of the moment kind of family! ;) http://www.northpoleny.com/
We had the absolute BEST time - it really was a magical weekend! As we were driving up the side of the mountain into the North Pole, it began to snow. Unbelievable!
And who knew there was such a thing as an actual North Pole made up of ice and snow?! LOL
(damn, I was FREEZING!) LOL
We got to meet Frosty the Snowman & Chris Moose -
We went on lots of fun rides -
Then it was the moment of truth, not only did we get to finally meet the Big Guy himself, but he brought us early presents as well!
We had so much fun that night, we decided to take a picture of the whole gang of us!
The next morning we headed straight back to Santa's Workshop ~ Got snowpants? lol
Here was the view from our breakfast table each morning - I could probably get used to that if only it weren't so freaking cold!
Before we left the North Pole and Santa's Workshop for the last time, we decided to pose as a group on what's probably the best "picture posing statue" in the whole park ~
What an amazing weekend - memories I know the children, Mark and I will cherish for a lifetime. Wonderful times, awesome family and friends, and lots of fun and laughter! Life is good. May this be the start of a very happy holiday season for everyone! :)
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......
Posted by Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I remember going to the North Pole when I was a kid. In fact I think we have pictures of my brother on the very same rides as you kids and of me licking the North Pole. It is a fun place, but I imagine it must have been freezing! We were up on Whiteface in October and it was cold then! So glad you had such a great time! Love all of the photos!
Post a Comment