Wow, is it REALLY New Years Eve already?! YIKES!
December has been such a whirlwind ~
First up was Mackenzie's soccer Christmas party - my sweet baby had the best time,
playing with balloon swords?! LOL WHAT!? And now all she wants are Bakugan toys?! Ugh, and notice the tattoo ~ she is one tough chick! ;)
Then it was onto the big "blizzard" that hit - much more snow than we expected!
Even though there was SO much snow, it was just way too light and fluffy to make good packing snowballs or snowmen. But Mackenzie was determined....no matter what- she was going to build a snowman ~ and she did, all by herself! Here's how he turned out!
Also, heavily looming on our hearts was the anniversary of my Dad's death -
http://nowimamom.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-dad.html
so for Papa, we made snow angels!
Then came Mommy's work Christmas party, where no one could believe how grown up my kids have become! That's what happens when people only see them 1 time a year!
After about an hour of everyone sittting around making small talk, the kids and I decided to get the party started! People at work must think I'm nuts, but hey, we just know how to have fun! :)
Pretty soon, EVERYONE was joining in our dancing fun! LOL
Then it was Christmas morning - FINALLY!
Also, in between all of this was Daddy's birthday, an ear infection for Kelsey, and what now seems to be a stomach issue brewing for Ryan ~ oh well, such is life.
Anyway, as we prepare to embark on our traditional New Years Eve Ritual (of having a picnic of Hors d'oeuvres in the living room and watching http//www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Celebrates-Around-World/dp/B00026WULE for the 10th year in a row) - I would like to wish you all a wonderful 2010, full of health, happiness, smiles, and fun!
Edited to add for the record - For the first time in the history of my family, ALL of my kids stayed awake to welcome in the New Year (although, one was not happy to pose for the picture since I turned off what they were watching to turn on Dick Clark! LOL)
May we all dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth! (Thanks TM, I just stole that from your FB page! :)
Happy New Year Everyone! May 2010 begin much better than 2009 has ended, and hey, maybe we will even win the lottery THIS year! :)
3 comments:
Happy New Year to you my dear friend! I'm so glad I've had the pleasure of meeting you all in real life. I'll always treasure the memories of Ocean City! Love Ya!
Laura and Mark...never let it be said that you guys don't know how to have fun! I hope that in 2010 we get to spend some time together and party! Love ya!!
Put that son of yours to bed! Look at his face, cracks me up, he does not look happy.
As always, great photos to the funnest family around (Julia told me that kids are allowed to use the word funnest so I"m going for it!)
Let me know the next time you head to your sisters in CT, we'd love to have you here for a visit.
Post a Comment