On Wednesday night, the Bacon Brothers Band were performing an outdoor concert close to home. We knew this show would be much more enjoyable weather-wise for all of us than the last Bacon Brothers concert we brought the kids to! http://nowimamom.blogspot.com/2008/12/winters-eve-with-bacon-brothers.html
So we arrived early and set up camp nice and close to the stage.


This was another "free" concert, but it was sponsored by G*ico, so of course, the gecko was there in person! If you ask me though, that thing looked more like a Sleestak from the old Land of the Lost tv series than a lizard! LOL
He was a nice enough gecko though to pose for a picture with the kids!
The concert was great as usual! Michael, Kevin and the rest of the band always put on a great show!
I even got to dance with my kids to the song that I'm in the video of! How cool is that, they played "my" song at this gig?!
http://nowimamom.blogspot.com/2008/12/go-my-way.html
It was so much fun! If you ever have the opportunity to catch one of their shows, you must. They are really terrific!
And Kelsey being the goofball that she is, decided to pose for this picture with her gecko fan/mask that was given out to everyone there.
I've been having alot of fun driving around holding this thing up at cars that pass us by, or at people who stop at red lights next to me for the last couple of days! LOL It's the little things that amuse me! ;)
Next up was Kelsey's birthday! How the hell did my baby girl get to be 9 already?! Damn, time just flies when you're having fun! Here she is waiting for our guests to arrive wearing a special birthday crown that Mackenzie made just for her:
One of those guests included Duffy!
While the grownups enjoyed the beautiful weather outside,
some of the kids enjoyed playing video games inside!
Then, it was time to open presents! She got so many cool things including a Tinkerbell makeup kit,
and lots of cool clothes and gift cards.
Of course those gift cards were burning a hole in her pocket(!) so today we all headed out to T*ys R Us. (Ryan and Mackie also received gift cards from someone who had missed their birthdays in May) So they were all armed and ready to shop too! ;)
We were not even in the store 5 seconds when Mackie spotted the Pillow Pets display. She ran over to it screaming with delight. She didn't hesitate to choose this guy ~
She exclaimed "this is what I want!" We told her it was a big store, and she should look around and see if there was something else she might want to choose, but she insisted this was it.
Ryan on the other hand, was in Toy Story heaven!
but being the smart boy that he is, he decided to continue shopping to keep his options open - (notice Mackenzie in the bottom left hand corner still clinging to the pillow!)LOL
Kelsey and I were terrified when we spotted this freaky thing on a shelf!
and then she was happy when we found what she knew she wanted to get with her cards.
Ryan ended up getting an MP3 player and they all got a WII game to share. Mackenzie stood firm and got her Pillow Pet that she's named Slushie! She couldn't wait to get it out of the bag for more snuggles after Daddy paid for it.
To end our fabulous birthday celebration weekend, we went out to lunch at Kelsey's favorite Italian restaurant.
As we waited for our food to come, we posed for pictures letting the kids take turns taking the actual shots - they came out pretty good! I think all my kids have a future in photography! :)




Then our food arrived, and we were ready to dig in! LOL

When we arrived home, Kelsey asked if she can paint Mackenzie's toenails with her new Tinkerbell kit! "Sure", I said, "just be careful you don't spill any on the floor". A few minutes later Mackie showed me her feet! LOL Per her request, Kelsey gave her exactly what she wanted.......... I LOVE the 2 different colors! I never would have thought of that! Yea, this kid marches to the beat of her own drummer! ;)
My girls are so sweet together (most of the time!;) I couldn't resist snapping this shot while they were playing so nice! I'm sure minutes later one of them pushed the other off the slide! LOL
And finally, something I've been dreading this whole summer, but knew I would have to deal with eventually......Ryan needed a haircut. So when Mark said, "Hey buddy, lets go cut your hair", Ryan looked at me and said "Mommy, you promised I could have a mohawk this summer" (which I did, but was so hoping he forgot. Back in June he had a mohawk that he loved but I hated, so I made him get rid of it for graduation, but I promised that he could have another one this summer - I got through all of July without him even mentioning it so I thought I was off the hook!) Not bloody likely, this kid knew he had me. So, I said, "go for it boys!" Here they begin the process-
And here's the finished product! And ya know what, I kinda like it too now! How could I not? Just look how happy he is to have it back!
Life is good! I am so truly blessed to have these people in mine! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment