It's been awhile since I've last posted, so hopefully this recap will bring you up to speed on what we've been doing during this fine month of February!
We enjoyed our annual Superbowl picnic feast (always more fun than watching the actual game! ;)
The weather finally got warm enough one day to actually go outside and enjoy the sunshine, so we decided to take a brisk walk around the neighborhood! :)


It was so nice to just get out of the house and then we came upon this buried car down the block.....a true reminder of what a crazy, snowy winter we've endured thus far.
Ryan attended a friends birthday bowling party and had a great time. Here he is waiting patiently for his turn to bowl~
and here he is showing off his truly amazing bowling form! LOL What a pro!
Mackenzie worked diligently on her 100 days of school project - she came up with the theme all by herself - wonder where she found the inspiration for it?! ;)
Next up was a Chinese auction fundraiser at our church - they were doing a Mardi Gras theme, so we decided that it sounded like fun and off we went!

It never fails with us, whenever we go to events like this, we either hit it big, or come home empty handed. This night however, was one of our lucky ones, we won 6 awesome baskets of goodies! YAY us! :)
This past Friday, the kids finished up at school and are now on winter break. I was thrilled to see what came home in Ryan's backpack as we unpacked it together.....I couldn't be any prouder of this amazing boy.
I only WISH we would have known when Ryan was born what we know now - how absolutely CAPABLE he is of learning! And I'm still kind of pissed off at the "experts" who gave us false information, and the "friends" who offered their condolences when Ryan was born! How dare they make us feel so sad, and so worried about his future! This kid freakin' rocks, as do his sisters! Here ~ see for yourself! :)
It should be an interesting week having all the kids home with me, while I try to work from home on the days that they don't go to my Mom's. Of course it snowed again last night, so all they want to do is go outside and play in it, but we all know how I feel about that! ;)
More snow is in the forecast this week, so all I can do is continue staring at the painting that hangs at the foot of my bed..... 
and literally daydream myself right into that chaise lounge right there while almost actually hearing the waves crashing! One day, I know, one day.......... :)
Monday, February 21, 2011
Lots of Random Goodness........
Posted by Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Miami Dolphins? Mark...I thought I liked you!!
Post a Comment