Tuesday, December 4, 2007

They sure don't get this from me.............

So, today while Ryan and Kelsey were at school, I decided that I would get our Christmas cards ready to be mailed. It was just about time for Mackenzie to take a nap. I knew as soon as she fell asleep, I would have an opportunity to actually get something done without having anybody "help" me. Of course, right before she laid down, she spilled her water all over the couch. I told her that since the couch was wet, she had to go lay on the chair.

After a couple of really loud "NOT FAIR" 's (which is her favorite new saying by the way~courtesy of her brother and sister) all was quiet in the den. I started to affix a gazillion labels on what seemed like 1000 cards. A few minutes later, I went in to check on her. This is how I found her:

Can you say U-N-C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E?! I was going to try to re-position her, to try to make her more comfortable (and less squished), but then I heard my mother's voice in my head saying "NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY"! So I left her like that! :) (and for the record, she slept for almost 2 hours.......the cards are in the mail! Yippee!)

This very same chair, which is such a great glider that I got when I was pregnant with Ryan, seems to have a calming effect on my kids. One day I asked Ryan and Kelsey to clean up the den, and went in to check on them not too long after.....here's how they were:


As I walked out of the room smiling at Mackie's cuteness, and agility, and the memory of the other 2 sleeping in that chair, I remembered a picture I took (I think it was 2 summers ago) where I walked into the living room after "hearing" too much quiet! This was the scene I found that evening:

I am convinced that my children have inherited the ability to sleep in strange positions from their Daddy. I know I would NEVER be able to sleep like that!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love all of the pictures and what a great story! :)

Casdok said...

Yes love the photos!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

What a great post and I really enjoyed the pictures. I just love pictures of kids and babies sleeping.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.....I just love this. And yes, those children have inherited that from their Daddy!!!! Too darn cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails