This is a picture from last year. Notice Mackenzie's reaction to Santa!
Here is this years picture taken on Sunday. Now that's what I call progress!
Actually, it wasn't quite as simple as that. We started our day at "brunch with Santa". We waited forever to be seated, and "Santa" kept walking by us in the lobby. Kelsey decided he looked "suspicious"!She's so funny (and she was right!) I asked "Santa" if we could get a picture with the kids, and Mackenzie wanted no part of it. She wouldn't even stand close enough to be in the picture.
After we finally sat down and started eating,
and made a holiday toast, Mackie decided she was ready to greet him.
By that time it was too late, Santa had left the building!
Every year we go and let the kids each choose one new ornament for the tree. We knew there was a more real looking Santa at the store, so we hyped up the talk about how the Santa at brunch was just a helper because the real Santa was at the other store. Mackenzie was so tired, but excited to meet the "real one"! When we got there, we waited on line, and then it was our turn. As you can see by the picture above, she went running into his arms. It was so sweet! We were able to get a nice shot of all 3 of them with him.
After we took our picture, we went outside to see 2 of his reindeer, Dancer and Prancer! The kids were very impressed......
As we were leaving, I told the kids to wish Santa a Merry Christmas. They all did, and then Ryan proceeded to wish Santa a "Happy Hanukah" with a truly sarcastic smirk on his face! He's such a little wiseass ~ that's one of the many things I love about him! :) We really all had such a wonderful day.
Since we were already in the holiday spirit, when we got home, I made this. Make sure your speakers are on ~ the kids think this is a riot! Enjoy!
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1264956531
5 comments:
o.k., that is seriously funny!!! I've seen lots of people do this, but your kids are such a RIOT!!!! So funny!!!
Neither one of my kids has been within 20 feet of Santa!!!!
Santa's face in that 1st picture is hilarious!
I have a soft spot in my heart for wise asses. Love that Ryan wished Santa a Happy Hanukah. Too funny!
Chelsey and I stopped by to say Merry Christmas!
I am so sorry to hear about your dad....I have not been on the board as of late so I just read it.
I will keep your mom in our prayer too..My own dad past away last Feb. and man has it been hard. Hugs to you...
Stopping by to say I hope you and your family are blessed with a Merry Christmas and a Joy-filled New Year!
Post a Comment