Friday, September 11, 2009

What we've been up to..............

Two weeks ago, my mom (aka Grammy) decided that she was ready to go out and get a dog again! (Her/My beloved pooch Chauncey passed away about 12 years ago) So, my sister Linda, my mom, and I spent the weekend going to various animal shelters and pet stores. After much deliberation and many, many cute puppies and doggies, Grammy finally chose this guy: She's always wanted a Wheaten Terrier, and knew before meeting any dog that she would name it Duffy. It must have been destiny when we found him, and were then told that his birthday is March 17! (St. Patricks Day!) This is the sweetest, most gentlest dog that I've ever met! Ryan (who is SO AFRAID of dogs) has even fallen in love! Check this out!

Grammy is smitten and the feeling is mutual! He's like a real, live stuffed animal!



Also, this week was the start of the school year! Wow, did this summer FLY by!
Here's a couple of "first day of school" shots ~ Here the 3 of them pose with their backpacks/lunch boxes:


Then everyone had to have a "single" shot ~



Then it was "SILLY" time! Seriously, these 3 need their own sitcom! LOL

One more pose before Ryan's bus showed up - they all always support each other - it's very sweet to witness! :)


Tomorrow, more craziness and chaos begin as soccer and baseball seasons start! YIKES! :)

And on this, the anniversary of 9/11, may we take time to remember all those who were lost on that tragic day. God Bless America!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HI! I am so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find yours!! Thanks for your thoughts...you are right. I have to think of those tough moments as a chance to tell others more about DS and Logan. I am adding your blog to my reader! :) Your children are beautiful!!

Linda said...

Great blog entry...but when did Ms Mackie go from diapers to school?? Sheesh I am getting old!

Related Posts with Thumbnails