This past weekend we decided to go hang out in Connecticut with my sister and her family. I really love spur of the moment plans, they usually turn out to be the most fun!
So, we packed a quick suitcase and hopped in the car. We arrived Saturday afternoon and checked into a hotel. After dropping off our bags, we headed over to my sisters house for a yummy pizza party! They casually mentioned that there was a carnival in town, so of course, we all just HAD to go!

First up was the carousel, everyone enjoyed a ride -


Then Mackenzie decided she wanted to go down the big slide with Zach. It's been many years since I have been on any carnival rides, but figured "what the hell"! LOL So I went too (more because I was paranoid about her going up/coming down alone, not because she wanted me to!)
Obviously my big butt caused us to go very slowly as you can see Zach flew down ahead of us!
While the "Ack's" (Mack & Zach as I like to refer to them!) were sliding down with me, Ryan, Abby and Kelsey decided to try out the Dizzy Dragons ride ~
Ryan wasn't too sure about it at first, but then loved it! So much so that they immediately ran right back on the ride, this time with the "Acks" too!
Next up was the Funhouse, unfortunately for the boys, they were too big to go in it!
So while the girls enjoyed that, the boys decided to try out THIS ride.
I didn't quite catch the name of this ride, but it's like one of those "Spider" rides that whips you around until you're ready to puke! LOL 
Go ahead and ask me HOW I know that?! Yep, that's right, once the boys got off, the girls decided they just had to ride it too. But Mackenzie was too small to go on alone, so an adult had to go with her! Let me ask you this, Do I have SUCKER written on my forehead?! ;)
HOLY WHIPLASH BATMAN! The velocity on this ride was unbelievable! So I just went with the flow and had as much fun (if not more) than the girls! ;)
Here's a back view of our car, just look at how smushed together we are due to the warp speed we were going!

What a blast! :)
We decided to take a break from the rides and catch our breath so we opted for some games!
YAY! Everyone was a winner, and just what we need around here......more crap! ;) LOL
Then it was back to the rides -
The girls (sans Mommy!) on the big slide -
Mackie driving a Mack Truck Train!

Ryan dragging Daddy back on the spiraling car of doom!
We finally ended our big night out with some ice cream!
But the good news is that our "Road Trip Weekend" didn't end there. The next morning we woke up in the hotel to Daddy bringing us the breakfast of champions! D*nkin Donuts! LOL
As soon as we were done, we suited up and headed back over to Aunt Tina's house to get ready for our next adventure! We were going to go to our favorite place....... the beach! :)
We were there all of about a minute and a half before Ryan and Kelsey hit the water!
It was such a wonderful, relaxing day - we all just chilled out and enjoyed each others company.....


and the lovely view......
I really wish my sister lived alot closer so that we could enjoy weekends like this more often!
This Friday 8/20 is my sister and brother in law's 21st Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary Tina & Neal! We love you both! Thanks for such a fun weekend, we can't wait to do it again! :)
And last, but certainly not least, I must acknowledge that August 6th was my parents 50th Anniversary. We all miss my Dad so much - and I know he was smiling down from heaven on all of us and especially his "Babe" that day. http://nowimamom.blogspot.com/2007/08/happy-anniversary-grammy-and-papa.html
0 comments:
Post a Comment